Wednesday, November 2, 2011

What is Acceptable Worship to God?

Hello Everyone! 

Sorry its been a while since we've written! We were trying to get a group picture of Youth Worship for our next post... but that's been a little difficult being that we are a decent size group ;) So, we are going to skip that post for now and hopefully put pictures up later :)

So, what has Youth Worship been up to lately...? 

Well, right now we are trying to dig deeper into what Real Worship means. 


Last week, as an assignment, we asked every young person in Youth Worship to look up a scripture pertaining to "acceptable worship to God". We also asked each of them to interview at least one person on what would be considered "acceptable worship to God". The outcome of these assignments was very encouraging and it inspired us! 

We'd like to share the outcome of these 2 assignments with you, but before we do, we have an assignment for you :) 
We'd like to encourage anyone who wants to, to do the same assignment or even just ask yourself what you think Real Worship is. Then, if you are brave enough, we would like you to post your thoughts in the comment section on our blog so that all of us can see what you think :) Once we get enough comments from you, we will share the outcome of our Youth Worship assignment with you on our next blog post :)

Looking forward to hearing from all of you!

~The Youth Worship Team




4 comments:

  1. Worship is that which comes from a grateful heart when it can no longer contain all it feels. Worship is what the river feels when it becomes a water fall. Worship is what the dog wants to do when he hears His master coming up the steps. Worship is what the woman caught in adultery experienced when everyone dropped their stones and walked away. Worship is what I feel when I remember that one day I will see Aubry again.
    All acceptable worship is a prostration of the intellect, an adoration from the heart and both originating in the deepest part of a man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had these thoughts before reading Abba's reply and am almost stopped from giving my view but I will anyways.

    I understand that the attitude of worship is to lie prostrate in a position of submission and awe. Secondly, I believe we should worship in Spirit and truth.

    We are nothing before you lord, but you love us beyond our understanding just the same. It is only in this light of His love toward us that we can even speak. You sent your only son to die because of your love toward us, a love that would give His son if only for me. What does that do to you. It slays me. It crucifies me. It makes me want to weep.

    The other part of worship I want to address is the idea of worship in Spirit and truth. If you end up weeping before the Lord you may already be in your spirit and close to truthfulness. The flesh is at war with our spirit and God wants nothing to do with it. You must repent of self and flesh and cry out to God for fellowship. Sometimes it is easy and you walk right in. At other times the self won't let go.

    Persevere and you will find your way and God's life will flow like a river. His will is soon realized for prayer and works. You will never be the same. Your life will be gloriously transformed and you will be in love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry it has taken me so long to put this up...I agree wholeheartedly with what abba said about worship. I picked Aunt Naqi to talk to and she told me that what it means to her is to abandon oneself in pouring out your heart to God and letting Him fill you back up. The important thing that I got out of this was to be willing to look like a fool while I worship- if my heart expresses a lot in the moment. It is not easy to be willing to be a fool for God when it comes to worship or anything really...but I have heard that it is worth it all in the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also my scripture was:
    John 4:23-24 - But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers. 24God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth

    ReplyDelete